Another day, another opportunity to draft. Here are our top three pitchers and offensive hitters for 8/11/10:
Top Pitchers for 8/11/16:
1. Noah Syndergaard; New York Mets RHP (9-6, 2.64 ERA) vs. ARI (.261 team AVG)
- Here’s a familiar face. The Thor Doppleganger, Noah Syndergaard, appears on our board yet again as he goes up against the Arizona Diamondbacks. In his last game against the Detroit Tigers, Syndergaard allowed four runs on seven hits and two walks with seven strikeouts in six innings. This game ended as a loss for Syndergaard which puts at 0-3 for his past few games. However, knowing how Syndergaard plays should ease those nerves as he has been ramping his game lately getting ready to get on track when he goes up against the Diamondbacks. With a staggering WT Projection of 11.52, we feel that Syndergaard is going to bring the heat this time around.
2. Corey Kluber; Cleveland Indians RHP (11-8, 3.22 ERA) vs. LAA (.267 team AVG)
- Corey Kluber, a.k.a. Klubot, has been on a roll lately, allowing just six runs and striking out 39 over his past 37 innings. In his last game against the New York Yankees, Corey Kluber won after allowing two runs on five hits and one walk with eight strikeouts in eight innings. Drafters who have been riding with Klubot have been enjoying the fruit of his labor. With a concrete WT Projection of 10.62, we’ll see how this righty fares against Jhoulys Chacin.
3. Danny Duffy; Kansas City Royals LHP (8-1, 2.97 ERA) vs. CWS (.250 team AVG)
- Up first we have the one and only Danny Duffy. This lefty has been going through a breakout campaign where he has been playing extraordinarily well. In his last game against the Toronto Blue Jays, Duffy won after allowing two runs on five hits (one homer) and two walks with six strikeouts over 6 innings. In the game before, Duffy had eight blowout innings where he had 16 strikeouts and allowed only two hits. With a solid White Tie Projection of 8.06, we feel that Duffy is going to royally hand it to the White Sox.
Other notable pitchers:
- Jon Lester, CHC
- Steven Wright, BOS
- Chris Tillman, BAL
- Carlos Martinez, STL
- Jose Berrios, MIN
- Michael Pineda, NYY
- Jameson Taillon, PIT
Top Hitters for 8/11/16:
1. Freddie Freeman; New York Yankees 1B (.275 RBI, 19 HR, 46 RBI) @ MIL (Garza)
- Freddie Freeman is the type of player to strikeout because of his power. However, drafters are well aware and accept the trade-off. In his last game against the St. Louis Cardinals, Freeman went 3-for-3 with a homer, two walks, three RBIs and three runs scored. With a WT Projection of 3.26, we feel that Freeman will be a threat to the Milwaukee Brewers.
2. Hernan Perez; Milwaukee Brewers 3B (.284 ERA, 8 HR, 36 RBI) vs. ATL (Hernandez)
- Hernan Perez isn’t a new face, but one we haven’t had on our board recently. Perez is now 24-for-62 (.387) with four home runs, 13 runs scored, 17 RBIs and nine steals since the All-Star break ended. In his last game against the San Diego Padres, Perez went 3-for-4 with a double, two runs scored and a stolen base. Perez is infamous for stealing bases. With a WT Projection of 3.17, we are excited to see him go up against the Braves’ pitcher Roberto Hernandez.
3. Stephen Piscotty; St. Louis Cardinals OF (.278 AVG, 15 HR, 61 RBI) vs. CHC (Lester)
- Stephen Piscotty is known for batting well against left-handed pitchers. Fortunately for Piscotty that is the situation for his next game against the Chicago Cubs this Wednesday. With a lifetime .331/.416/.594 slash line against left-handers, the outfielder is quickly becoming one of the best in baseball during those match-ups. On top of that, Piscotty has a WT Projection of 3.87 which we feel is going to help bring a win for the Cardinals.